- Global Entry. $100 for FIVE years. Gets you TSA pre-check and some entry benefits as well if you travel internationally. Also REAL ID compliant.
- TSA pre-check. $85 for FIVE years. Gets you TSA pre-check. Skip this. Spend $15 more and go straight to Global Entry.
- Clear. $180 per YEAR! Biggest waste of money! Don't buy it. It is the dumbest thing in the travel industry and I'm embarrassed by it every time I walk by. Don't do it. Please. Instead get Global Entry.
- REAL ID. This isn't really related, but since I'm on a soap box I want to speak to REAL IDs. If you own a passport or Global Entry do NOT spend money on a REAL id to travel. It is a complete waste of money. Just travel with your passport - even domestically. If you don't have a passport or Global Entry, get that instead of a REAL ID as it will serve more than one purpose and is roughly the same cost and application process. If something in your brain tells you traveling with your passport domestically is scary, get that shit out of your brain. Go to therapy if that helps - it will probably be cheaper.
|Fabulous (Overpriced) Bloody Mary
I boarded the plane and it felt so good. For those that love travel you will get it when I say it felt like I was returning home. I flew Delta and it felt very safe. The plane only had 16 passengers (for a 160 capacity plane) so it was near empty. I suspect that helped. Everyone wore masks.
|And I have been waiting for it
|Empty Delta Flight DL0402
|Masked up in my happy place!
The flight was uneventful. I worked a bit, listened to some great music, and took in all that I enjoy about flying.
|Overlooking New York
|Contract Tracing Form - New York
|Meal at Air India Lounge
|Sign at JFK
|Empty Arrival Monitors
After a bite to eat I arrived at the Global Entry Enrollment Center and within ten minutes completed my interview. You don't need to say it...I already know this was crazy. It is just who I am.
|Corona at the Gate
|MSP PGA Lounge
|Welcome to Minnesota!
|Empty MSP Baggage Claim
- Days: One (1)
- Countries: One (1)
- States. Two (2)
- Miles: 2,600
- Flights: Two (2)
- Views in blog: 161,974
- Cost: $92 flight and $25 for an overly priced bloody mary
- Happiness level from flying: 10/10