Final Post: Winter at the Beach
This will be my final post regarding my three month adventure spending a winter at the beach.
|So...so many hours on this patio|
|On my walks I would visit hotels and enjoy their amenities|
|"Long Live Rae". I did not write this. |
|Listening to an audio book while sitting on Pier 14|
|I saved $439 by using my local library|
I consider this adventure a success. I loved my condo. I loved Myrtle Beach. I loved my location in the city. I just simply...loved it. I walked every day (see stats), awakened to the sounds of the ocean, and moved my simple life south to a much warmer climate.
|Wilson, a well used Amazon box|
- Fulfilled a life-long dream of living on the beach
- Read 25 books, all physical versions checked out from Chapin Memorial Library
- Saved $439 by checking out books from my "local" library
- Lived alone for the first time in 27 years
- Walked 316 miles along the beach
- Climbed 1,179 flights of stairs (lived on the 11th floor). You would think my ass would be smaller.
- Enjoyed 174 meals on my patio overlooking the beach. Full disclosure: This is an estimate. My phone isn't that good.
- Connected with new friends
- Completed a goal of wearing the same dress 100 days in a row (read more)
- Avoided a Minnesota winter, without a care in the world
- Avoided getting COVID (as far as I know). I hate COVID.
- Pageviews: 195,500