We will not get to Machu Picchu. It is disappointing, no doubt, but today I sat with my daughter in an Irish Pub for two plus hours and it was wonderful. She ate her favorite foods, we talked, we laughed, and yes got a little buzzed off Blue Lagoons and Chilcanos.
The streets were pretty quiet and some of the shops were open so we decided to go walking. We felt safe. San Pedro Market was still closed but there were many street vendors and many shops had their doors slightly propped open for business, as if they were ready to close the door quickly.
We are scheduled to fly out tomorrow at 5pm and as of 10pm our travel agent said she has heard only five flights will depart tomorrow (not sure if we are one of them) and the airport will not open until noon. In other words, we have no idea if we are getting out of here or not.
If we do, great. If we don’t, we will do our best to make memories. At this point we are guaranteed good stories about being stuck in a foreign city.
Post a Comment